Mad Macaroons

This weekend was extremely relaxing! Although MDH had to work I still enjoyed the alone time! While doing a thurough cleaning....kinda....I happened to catch Barefoot Contessa on the television and noticed she was baking up some pretty fancy cookies on this weeks episode. I got inspired. I immediately dropped the counter cleaner, (Mrs. Meyers is my absolute favorite these days!) and I headed to my baking cabinet to whip up a quick batch.

I dont have a wide range of cookie recipes on the top of my head but my husband did get me an awesome cookie book last Christmas in which I found a recipe for Macaroons! I had never tasted Macaroons before I celebrated Passover at my current job location and I fell in love!



I went for both a chocolate and vanilla batch. Here is the recipe I used:

3 cups flaked sweetened coconut 1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sugar 1 tsp. vanilla
3 large egg whites 1/8 tsp. almond extract

1. Preheat oven to 325 f. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil.

2. In a large bowl, stir coconut, sugar, egg whites, salt and vanilla and almond extracts until well combined.

3. drop batter by rounded teaspoons, one inch apart, on two prepared cookie sheets. Bake until set and lightly golden, about 25 minutes, Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. With wide metal spatula transfer cookies to wire racks and cool completely.


My results were beautiful.
----------Although it didn't look like so on the cookie sheet.
For some reason it got all slimy while baking. Im not sure if I had too much of something but there was a small puddle of stickiness around each beautiful macaroon.



But the good thing is the the final result was delightful and my first shot at macaroons was a success in my book!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Id love to hear what you've got to say! Thanks so much for the comment!